Monday 24 January 2011

Going Green


Green is a word that is used so very often now. Go Green this and Go Green that. It is not rocket science to understand that driving on lower gear consumes more precious hydrocarbons for every mile. Explain then the amount of road humps along Alor Akar road. Even single time I approach one of these nightmares, the brake pedal responds to my leg action; thus eating up my pads spreading copper dust into the drainage system. We now have people up in arms against copper used in brake pads that eventually ends up in our ocean. Before copper it was asbestos. What next, brake pads made of earthworms?
My next action after them humps is to acceleration on 1st gear, consuming more energy for every mile I travel.
I want to Go Green. Let me drive fast on roads with my 5th gear engaged without brakes. After all, the gear level is there for me to utilise. 
When you think of this, the ‘No Plastic Bags’ policy for every Saturday at supermarkets is  a bloody joke.
With the above said, I now ride my bicycle on weekends with my camera strapped to me. Good exercise and the slower speed that I travel brings lots of good photo opportunities. The only down side to that is I might get knocked down by some git and break my head. 





3 comments:

• Stephanie C • said...

Go green,save the earth!

Jayren Kwan Hann Yaw said...

yes ! Go Green ! save the earth ! =D

Ernest Ng said...

nice pics bro! love the shots! do check out my webcomic yea:) www.dontlikethatbro.blogspot.com