Monday 4 October 2010

'Let Your Memory Be Your Travel Bag' Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The weighing machine at home is sometimes cherished and frowned at. I like it at times and despise it on some occasion. It is able to present itself as the devil and angel too.
Last night, I would have severed its head off, if it had one, after standing on it while having the readings taken by me wife. 12 pounds in 8 months!!!! Damn........ 
This undertaking of ‘blow to one’s pride’, accepting the reality of increased blubber level is down right depression. But no, I will not take this as a bitter pill. It will be an excuse for more field activities. 

The BIG number 12 is good enough to kick me out of bed for a morning stroll along Telok Chempedak. The fresh air, morning sun and melodic rhythm of South China Sea’s wave lapped against the shores of Telok Chempedak  brought back memories of my diving days in Pulau Perhentian and our recent break in Pulau Redang. The immensity of its beauty at both of these islands are little testimony of God’s existence.  






















No comments: